Wednesday 9 September 2015

Ms Dozey's Daily Diary - 5

My first meeting with cowboys today when I met Jem and Mike in a small town called Sayre.  I also had “grits” which turned out to be a semolina like grain served as a savoury as a watery oatmeal or as I called it, gruel.  I added maple syrup and ate it as a pudding.

Second best comps at a hotel must go to last night’s in Clinton who gave us a lunch pack for the road at checkout. First place is the Drury in St Louis who offered three free bar drinks and unlimited dinner buffet between 5.30 and 7.00.
We are now in Texas, our fifth state,  in a period motel with benefits (fridge, microwave, tv, etc); it is as windy as the set of Dallas but still warm and dry. Drive time was considerably less today and we started with a fabulous R66 museum in Clinton.  Temperature was a bit chilly at 77 when we left!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment