Wednesday 7 October 2015

And That's a Wrap

Hi y'all.

We've been back a little over two weeks now and I think I am just about over the jet lag. Still not over the post holiday blues though, especially with it raining, as it has the last few days. It was damned hot on the Route but we never complained, as we can rarely rely on such sustained warmth in this country. OK, there may have been a slight grumble from Ms Dozey on our sightseeing day in L.A., as we trudged around the street in 95+ degrees but that was all. I guess on the road, the air-con in the Escape always beckoned, if it got a tad warm.

It has taken me quite a few days but I have, as promised, finally uploaded a selection (about 1/7th) of the photos I took. I'm hoping it gives you a flavour of what we saw and got up to along the way and that you enjoy looking at them. There's one or two there that I am quite proud of. What I might call the money shot. Not bad for a bloke who just points and shoots!

To access the photos, which are stored on Flickr, page down the blog until you reach the Historic US 66 shield, just below Ms Dozey. Click on that and, fingers crossed, it will take you straight to the album in Flickr, where you can either view them singly or in a slide show, by clicking the the little icon (toggle slideshow), top right.

Once again, I hope you enjoy them.

Falling back into daily life after such a fantastic adventure, isn't easy, especially when I am following several Facebook sites, related to Route 66, so I shall just have to keep myself occupied by planning my next adventure. That, a Scandinavia Motorcycle Tour with my Wild Hog buddy Grizzly, is well into the planning and booking phase and if you're interested, you can follow that adventure from the blog link below;

 http://www.whscan16.blogspot.co.uk/

We'll be spending 18 days on the road, starting July 3rd next year, so not too long to wait.


As far as this adventure is concerned, it's time to say, That's All Folks!  All that remains (apart from paying for it all), is for me to thank Catherine (Ms Dozey), for allowing me to drive her, for being such a wonderful companion on this trip and for helping to make the trip a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable one. I couldn't have done it without her......

.......well I could but it wouldn't have been the same.

I'd also like to thank y'all for taking the time to read the blog, wish you all the best and hope that you'll follow me again some time soon.

Thanks

Neill

P.S. If anyone wants to try this themselves, I'm happy to pass on my routes and offer any advice.



2 comments:

  1. Well done Woody and Cath. Some great photos on Flickr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done and great blog.

    Simon & Viv

    ReplyDelete